In 2019, new rules appeared in the Investor Visa Category. These changes should simplify obtaining a visa and create a comfortable environment for investment activities. Investor visa is a convenient way to get citizenship in the UK. Moreover, those who receive such a visa can bring with them members of their families. They are allowed to work in the UK and receive an education in this country.
The benefits of an investor visa also include such benefits:
- no need to take a language test
- no business experience needed
- right for getting a British passport after 5 years
- right for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 2 years
To make the process of obtaining this document easier, Imperial & Legal has prepared detailed information about the procedure for preparing an application.
What do you need to know about visas for investors in the UK
First of all, it is important to learn new, current rules for Tier 1 Investor Visa. These include the following:
- It is necessary to indicate the source of your income. Or confirm that your funds were on the account of any bank at least for 2 years.
- You can only invest in UK registered companies. Investment in government bonds is not possible anymore.
- All financial institutions in the UK are required to trace the financial activities of the investor and confirm this in a letter.
How to extend visas for investors
This type of visa can be extended for two years. For this you need the following:
- Confirm that at least £ 2,000,000 has been invested, 3 months after the first entry.
- You have not left the country for more than 180 days over a period of 12 months.
- Both you and your family members who have arrived with you (adults) have been registered with the police (fingerprints, data).
Otherwise, the conditions for extending a visa are simple and transparent. After a certain time, you can apply for citizenship.